Find out more about Sales Management Software
What is Sales Management Software?
Sales management software is designed to help companies to combine their sales procedures and tasks, starting with leads and quotes and moving to conversions, along with reports and quality evaluation. This product can collect vital sales info in a short amount of time and you don’t have to spend hours doing the same work by hand on a spreadsheet. You can also calculate key variables such as conversion rates, win-loss ratio, and lead time. Sales management software can give you a detailed picture of your sales team’s work on different products, services, locations, and customers. This solution can accelerate the tracking of your sales flow to help you achieve your targets faster. To help you select a suitable sales management app, we have prepared detailed reviews of the popular platforms in this category, and we advise you to check HubSpot Sales which is our current leader.
Top 10 Most Popular Sales Management Software
How To Choose The Best Sales Management Software
Are your sales reps wasting a lot of time on data entry? Is online documentation taking up a lot of their time? Are your sales managers still using Excel for forecasting and for managing their sales pipeline? Is communication with your clients patchy and uneven, with different sales reps giving different sales pitches to them? If this is indeed the scene in your company, then you’re ready for sales management software. Since there are many options, we have prepared this buyer’s guide to help you navigate the complex selection process, and discover the best Sales Management Software for enterprises, but also small and medium businesses.
Get to know each product with free trial
A good course of action is to sign up for at least a few free trials or demo and basic unpaid plans from leading sales management software providers. With that method you will have the opportunity to test the important elements and you will get a good comparison of the capabilities of each app. The best thing to do when looking for the best Sales Management software is to try platforms that currently have the highest SmartScore rankings and Customer Satisfaction Rating in our sales management software reviews: Brightpearl reviews, Infusionsoft, NetSuite ERP, Teamgate, LeadExec, and Hatchbuck.
Depending on the features they need, sales management software buyers can be categorized into the following types:
- Direct sellers that sell via telesales teams and direct field reps.
- Channel sellers that sell via channel partners.
- Enterprise buyers that sell through both direct sales and channel partners.
- Small businesses that are looking to upgrade beyond storing contact and interaction details in shared spreadsheets and email inboxes.
Channel and enterprise buyers need specialized features for sending and monitoring leads across various units within the company. They would like to integrate their sales management solution with other programs like accounting, payroll, etc. Direct sellers and small businesses would also consider integrations. For example, email integration is important for all types of buyers.
What are Examples of Sales Management Software?
- Brightpearl: An outstanding multichannel retail management system that handles orders, inventory, and customer data all from the same platform.
- Piperdrive: Another proven sales management solution with simple but effective interface, able to organize business leads in a way that gives you full perspective of your deals.
- Zoho CRM: A great member of Zoho’s productivity suite designed to attract, retain, and satisfy customers, track sales, and follow updates in real time.
- Infusionsoft: A smart choice for small business retailers looking to map out their sales and marketing strategies, and to centralize all customer interactions.
- NetSuite ERP: A complete, scalable sales management solution which automates both front- and back-office processes, and provides a set of key performance indicators which measure success.
Types of Sales Management Software
There are many different types of sales management software, varying from free and basic tools to ultra costly and accurate programs. Features can also be categorization criteria, as certain programs do nothing but summarize leads, while others are more robust and they allow companies to boost repeat selling, promote products on social media, track the entire sales cycle, and even do some custom branding. Deployment is also an important factor based on which there are:
- On-premise sales management systems. These are covered with a single license, and are hosted on the client’s local server. They qualify as the most expensive ones, due the fact that they require complex setup and occasionally some hardware installation.
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) sales management systems. These are usually paid per month, and are hosted on the vendor’s server. The business owner is not responsible for installation, updating, and maintenance.
- Cloud-hosted sales management systems. Most of these offer free basic plans, and qualify as the most affordable ones due to their universal access and the fact that the client doesn’t need to update them or to pay for maintenance.
Key Features of Sales Management Software
This is the list of main features to expect from your next sales management system:
- Reporting. Ideally, your new online sales manager should be enabled to generate accurate and robust reports, based on database information and imported data instead of manual entries. Simple but effective, reports should be based on key performance indicators, and organize data in a comprehensive way, namely graphs, charts, pies, etc.
- Collaboration. Together with sales performance management, sales management software ought to enable sales collaboration, namely to design a private network for employees to access information and to share opinions.
- Predictive analytics. Advanced sales managers are usually designed with predictive analysis suites, used to grow sales efficiency and make smarter data mining solutions. At the same time, these features enable companies to capture and follow trends.
- Pricing optimization. Pricing optimization refers to centralizing price management and price strategy in order to create a single source of pricing truth, and adjust different products/services to it. The practice drives sales and margins to grow, and facilitates approval and workflow management.
- Sales forecasting. Sales forecasting belongs to the group of predictive analytics tools, and refers specifically to developing realistic demand expectations and adjusting the stock supply to them.
- Email integration. The online sales management tool has to be integrated with leading email services in order to enable companies to track and manage leads, and to promote their content. Needless to say, email integration is an invaluable source of database material which can be used for reporting on a later stage.
- Lead/contact management. Some sales managers do, and some don’t offer lead and contact management, but in case you’re still having doubts about it we recommend you to choose one that does. Detailed customer profiles and customer satisfaction can be nothing else than beneficiary for your sales management process.
Benefits of Sales Management Software
Our detailed comparisons show that these are what a good sales management software can do for your company:
- It provides feedback on sales reps’ performance. The sales management software should help you evaluate the performance of your sales reps. It should provide information such as average task completion time, lead contact time, and conversion rate. This will help you identify top performers whom you can reward, and laggards, to whom you can provide extra help.
- It boosts repeat selling. The sales management software should offer information on existing customers that you can use to create selling opportunities. For instance, data on a particular client’s buying patterns can reveal what products they are interested in. You can let your existing customers know when you launch a new product. This can act as an advertisement for the product. In short, the sales management system should help you capitalize on existing customers to boost repeat sales as well as customer satisfaction.
- It improves social media marketing. The sales management software should help you boost your marketing efforts on social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. You can track social media campaigns, identify the networks that are sending the most traffic to your website, gauge customer opinion about your brand, and understand the overall client experience. You can keep up with trends and make adjustments to your marketing efforts to improve your brand’s image on the Web.
- It gives you access to technical support. The vendors offer 24/7 support through phone, live chat, and email to help you with the on-boarding process as well as to resolve any technical issues that may arise. This can save you a lot of trouble as you transition towards using the software to improve your sales processes.
- Reduced training and implementation time. Most sales marketing systems are simple and have an intuitive interface that can be used easily even by non-savvy users and beginners. Training is not required (even if most vendors offer it), and implementation and maintenance times are minimal since most sales management systems are SaaS or cloud-based.
List of Sales Management Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our review platform uses our special SmartScore™ approach to analyze all the solutions in the Sales Management Software category in orded to help you choose the best possible service. It evaluates the following aspects: core components, collaboration capabilities, customization, integration, intuitiveness, help & support, how secure a software is, mobile support, general media ratings. Currently, HubSpot Sales is the leader in this category and is recommended by our experts. After thorough examination it got the best results among its competitors and we strongly suggest that you include it as one of the options for your company.
User Satisfaction Read More
A summary of total user satisfaction with the products in our Sales Management Software category calculated using our unique algorythm that finds customer reviews, comments and opinions across a wide range of social media sites in order to help you make an informed investment choice.
Pricing Read More
Every vendor in the Sales Management Software category will provide a different set of pricing packages for its service and every plan will include a different group of elements. Below we list the general pricing for the most affordable package offered for each service. Please note that advanced features may have an extra cost.
Devices Supported Read More
A summary of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B solutions in the Sales Management Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Check what languages and countries are supported by the popular B2B services in the Sales Management Software category, including apps intended for international markets and prepared for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Examine which pricing packages are offered by the vendors in the Sales Management Software category to check which one matches your business preferences and budget best. Keep in mind that specific services can provide free or freemium accounts for you to try out first.
Customer Types Read More
An analysis of what groups of clients a selected B2B solution in the Sales Management Software category aims for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.
Deployment Read More
An overview of what types of software deployement are provided by each B2B vendor in the Sales Management Software category. While the majority of modern SaaS solutions are cloud-based certain services might offer an on-site deployment model as well.