Find out more about Sales Automation Software
What is Sales Automation Software?
Sales automation software enables companies to standardize sales processes and tasks, all the way from leads to conversions, together with reports and performance evaluation. This system can bring together your sales history records within minutes instead of hours you would need to spend if you do things by hand on a spreadsheet. You can effortlessly calculate vital variables including conversion rates, win-loss ratios, and lead time. Another benefit is you can get a detailed overview of the activities performed by your sales team with regards to products and services, territories, and customers. Sales automation software can speed up the tracking of your sales lifecycles and help you to accomplish your goals on schedule. Go on exploring the features of sales automation software by reading about the current topper HubSpot Sales and the other highly rated solutions in this category.
Most Popular Sales Automation Software
Best Sales Automation Software
How To Choose The Best Sales Automation Software
A good customer relationship management (CRM) solution includes sales automation features that can greatly improve your company’s online productivity and enable your sales reps to sell more. This buyer’s guide offers a list of useful tips you can follow to source the best Sales Automation Software for enterprises and SMBs.
Get to know each product with free trial
A good course of action is to sign up for at least a few free trials and basic unpaid plans from the vendors that are popular. With that method you will have the opportunity to test the important elements and you will get a good overview of the capabilities of each app. The best thing to do when looking for the best Sales Automation software is to try services that currently have the highest results in our SmartScore and Customer Satisfaction Rating in the Sales software category: Zoho CRM reviews, Infusionsoft, LeadExec, Hatchbuck, Pipedrive, and SalesExec.
Sales automation software can be useful to every company looking to improve productivity and cut time and efforts managing sales cycles. Still, there are few specific scenarios where sales automation software is most helpful:
- Inside sales reps who sell remotely via the Internet and phone. They need email, calling tools, and cadence/workflow in order to close deals, and could therefore benefit from automated sales processes.
- Field sales reps who sell face to face. Field sales rep need sales automation software, mostly because of mobile access to databases in order to be productive in the field.
- Lead generation teams creating leads and sales agents fixing appointments with clients. The same as inside sales reps selling on the internet, lead generation teams need software which includes email, calling tools, and cadence/workflow, and a variety of lead tracking/analyzing functions.
- Companies with multiple sales channels. Sales automation software can also be useful to companies selling indirectly through distributors and dealers. Their needs include email, calling tools, and cadence/workflow, and as we already mentioned, sales automation software is more than capable to provide such.
What are Examples of Sales Automation Software?
- Zoho CRM: A great member of the Zoho productivity suite designed to help different businesses attract, retain, and satisfy customers with automated sales processes.
- Pipedrive: A simple, yet effective sales pipeline management tool for small and medium businesses looking to organize leads and to have the full picture of their sales cycle.
- Infusionsoft: A popular sales automation solution built exclusively for small business firms, which helps them map out each step of the sales process, and to turn leads into customers.
- Base CRM: One of the leading CRM and sales automation apps that improve sales productivity with a robust set of sales automation and lead tracking features.
- Pipeliner: A robust set of sales automation features designed to track sales processes and to keep everybody in the team informed of sales trends.
Types of Sales Automation Software
There are many different types of sales automation software, varying from free and basic tool suites to ultra costly and accurate programs. Features can also be categorization criteria, as certain programs do nothing but summarize leads, while others are more robust and they allow companies to monitor lead behavior, track the entire sales cycle, and even do some custom branding. Deployment is also an important factor based on which there are:
- On-premise sales automation programs. These are covered with a single license, and are hosted on the client’s local server. They qualify as the most expensive ones, due the fact that they require complex setup and occasionally some hardware installation.
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) sales automation programs. These are usually paid per month, and are hosted on the vendor’s server. The business owner is not responsible for installation, updating, and maintenance.
- Cloud-hosted sales automation programs. Most of these offer free basic plans, and qualify as the most affordable ones due to their universal access and the fact that the client doesn’t need to update them or to pay for maintenance.
Key Features of Sales Automation Software
These are the basic features to expect from your next sales automation system:
- A workflow engine that automates and organizes the daily tasks of your sales reps. This feature enables sales teams to save time and simplify approvals, and represents the core of sales automation making it possible for the team to sell with nothing more than few clicks. All tasks and assignments are separately scheduled, and all agents have access to a centralized product database with information.
- Offers an email and calling cadence. A solid sales automation tool is supposed to offer sales dialer integration, allowing teams to use the same platform for contacting customers and selling indirectly. For the purpose, these programs are supposed to allow cadence creation and automate communication, namely to act as both inbound and outbound sales tools.
- Integrates smoothly with the other business apps you use. When implementing a sales automation system, you;re not supposed to transform and adjust your entire software infrastructure to it, but the other way around. The system should simply blend in your software landscape, and integrate seamlessly with all sales tools you’re already using.
- Offers scalability and flexibility. It is of utmost importance for your sales automation system to be flexible and configurable, in order to respond to the needs of your growing business, accumulate more data without extra fees, and offer a variety of personalization tools you can use to highlight your brand while selling.
- Insightful analytics that give you a good understanding of campaigns and results. One of the strongest features of sales automation software is tracking, and providing comprehensive insights on the results of business campaigns, which helps companies capture trends and stay on track with developments.
- Reporting tools. The final purpose of running a sales automation system is to use the data it has gathered for rich and accurate reports, most of the time easy to read and non-savvy user-friendly, with a a variety of charts, graphs, pies, key metrics and indicators which measure performance.
- Mobile access to enable your sales reps to access the app anytime, anywhere. We can no longer afford to run sales automation software from desktop devices only, since teams are becoming global and decentralized, and need to be able to accomplish their tasks (in particular to sell) on the go. Therefore, look for a sales automation tool that offers mobile apps too, ideally both for Android and iOS devices.
Benefits of Sales Automation Software
These are the main benefits companies experience when using a solid sales automation system:
- Understanding their sales workflow. Sales automation software helps you automate and streamline the sales process, identify inefficient areas, and the pain points of the sales staff. Solid sales automation systems will work smoothly with your existent sales workflow, and eases the work of your sales agents.
- Identifying areas for sales automation. This is a process which would take significantly more time, efforts, and finances without a good sales automation software on board. When such system is present, however, you can identify weak areas in your current sales workflow, and you can use the sales automation tool to boost productivity and efficiency. Its CRM features will support your current workflow instead of replacing it, and will optimize your current processes and those that work well for your sales reps. It can also be used to automate information gathering, sending out marketing emails, tracking scheduling and follow ups, call time collection and more.
- Understanding risks. Another thing sales automation software is very good at is understanding risks, mostly because of the features that help the accomplishment of particular tasks and calculate the costs of automated sales compared to traditional selling practices.
- Focusing on inside sales reps. Inside sales reps make up a good percentage of a company’s sales department and they are higher in number than field agents. Inside sales is growing more quickly than field sales which makes it important for you to equip your inside sales agents with the best tools.
- Identifying pain points. Analyze your sales team’s performance and identify areas where they lag. Are your agents not meeting sales targets, not utilizing opportunities, or not producing good results? Use the sales automation tool to identify what is working and what is not working, and then apply the features form the same system to tackle areas that need improvement.
- Having clear objectives. Sales automation tools help sales managers develop top objectives and to work on them, as for instance improving lead generation, increasing the penetration of existing accounts, boosting sales effectiveness, and gaining new accounts.
List of Sales Automation Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our site employs our proprietary SmartScore™ algorithm to test all the products in the Sales Automation Software category in orded to help you choose the best possible application. It pays attention to the following factors: key functionalities, collaboration elements, custom elements, integrations with other services, user friendliness, customer support, security, mobile support, ratings in media. As of now, HubSpot Sales is the leader in this category and we gave it the highest score in our tests. Following detailed examination it received the best results among its competitors and we strongly suggest that you include it as one of the solutions for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
A summary of total user satisfaction with the solutions in our Sales Automation Software category based on our unique algorythm that finds customer reviews, comments and opinions across a wide set of social media sites in order to help you make an informed purchase choice.
Pricing Read More
Each vendor in the Sales Automation Software category will provide a different set of pricing packages for its service and each package will include a unique group of tools. Below we list the overal pricing for the most affordable package offered for each app. Please note that advanced features may have an extra cost.
Devices Supported Read More
An analysis of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B services in the Sales Automation Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Learn what languages and countries are served by the top B2B solutions in the Sales Automation Software category, including solutions designed for international markets and prepared for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Examine what pricing packages are provided by the vendors in the Sales Automation Software category to check which one matches your business requirements and budget best. Note that some services can offer free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
Customer Types Read More
A brief look at what groups of customers a specific B2B solution in the Sales Automation Software category provides for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.
Deployment Read More
A summary of what kinds of software deployement are supported by every B2B vendor in the Sales Automation Software category. Even though almost all modern SaaS services are cloud-hosted some solutions might offer an on-site deployment model too.