Find out more about Contact Management Software
What is Contact Management Software?
Contact management software helps you to combine your sales process and activities, on lead-to-quote and conversion basis, and also offers reporting and performance assessment functionality. The system is designed to put together various sales data in a matter of minutes and you don’t have spend hours on the task as it takes when you work on a spreadsheet. Plus, you can get details on key performance indicators like lead time, conversion rates, and win-loss ratios. Managers can get an accurate picture of the effectiveness of their sales teams for various products, clients, and territories. This software can fast track the sales lifecycle to help you reach your goals more quickly. You can continue by exploring our top contact management apps, starting with Pipedrive which is the current front-runner in this category.
Most Popular Contact Management Software
Best Contact Management Software
How To Choose The Best Contact Management Software
Contact management software offers many benefits. You can use it to communicate with your clients more effectively. It also serves to store customer information securely and helps you make educated marketing decisions. But with the numerous good platforms available in the market, selecting a suitable one can be a hard task. This buyer’s guide helps you out by detailing the list of features to look for and gives general pointers on how to zero in on the best Contact Management Software for enterprises and SMBs.
Get to know each product with free trial
A good course of action is to sign up for at least a few free trials or demo basic unpaid plans offered by contact management software providers. With that method you will have the opportunity to test the important elements and you will get a good comparison of the online capabilities of each app. The best thing to do when looking for the best Contact Management software is to try programs that currently have the highest SmartScore rankings and Customer Satisfaction Rating our contact management software reviews: Pipedrive reviews, SellHack, Teamgate, LeadExec, SalesExec, Act!, and Justphonebook.
Generally observed, contact management tools are a smart addition for every company looking to maintain contact lists updated, and to streamline customer relationship without necessarily burdening its financial capacity. Still, there are few scenarios in the case of which content management software is most recommended:
- Small Businesses looking to support customers online. You may be at the dawn on your development and just hitting off with your online business, but the sooner you get your contacts on boards with your activities the better. Unlike traditional CRMs and customer support programs, contact management programs revolutionize the idea of interacting with customers online, as most of them integrate with email services and social networks. For a small company, this can mean building a solid and trustworthy brand, and outreaching much larger audiences than expected.
- Medium Businesses looking to eliminate unnecessary database information. Medium businesses are in a phase of constant development, and their sales teams have less and less time to control the database and eliminate unnecessary content. The contact manager updates information automatically, and keeps nothing but relevant leads on the contact list.
- Large Businesses looking to provide the full picture to their customers. Old and traditional contact management platforms are not account-centric, and are therefore not able to distinguish contacts from leads. As a result, they provide a multitude of irrelevant information to everybody, instead of relevant pieces to the group being actually concerned. For large companies whose reputation depends solely on whom you’re contacting, this is more than beneficial.
What are Examples of Contact Management Software?
Pipedrive: A simple, yet very effective pipeline management tool for small business organizations and mid-sized companies that allows them to focus on their most important deals.
Pipeliner: A popular sales automation system which arranges sales data real-time and generates actionable insight for capturing urgent opportunities.
Zoho ContactManager: A web-based member of Zoho’s productivity tool that organizes business contacts, enabling teams to collaborate, and handle deals in the best possible way.
SalesExec: A contact management tool for building successful lead management practices for businesses of all scales and industries.
Act!: A smart choice of a centralized location for contact and customer management with a variety of advanced lead management tools.
Types of Contact Management Software
There are many different types of contact management software, varying from free and basic tool suites to ultra costly and accurate programs. Features can also be categorization criteria, as certain programs do nothing but gather contacts in a single list, while others are more robust and they prioritize leads based on deal probability, track customer interaction, and even do some custom branding. Deployment is also an important factor based on which there are:
- On-premise contact management programs. These are covered with a single license, and are hosted on the client’s local server. They qualify as the most expensive ones, due the fact that they require complex setup and occasionally some hardware installation.
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) contact management programs. These are usually paid per month, and are hosted on the vendor’s server. The business owner is not responsible for installation, updating, and maintenance.
- Cloud-hosted contact management programs. Most of these offer free basic plans, and qualify as the most affordable ones due to their universal access and the fact that the client doesn’t need to update them or to pay for maintenance.
Key Features of Contact Management Software
These are the basic features to expect from your next contact management software:
- Integration: You should be able to combine contact records with existing systems such as a mail client or word processing application. This will help you address customers using their individual names instead of using generic terms.
- Direct fax: The system should enable you to fax and email directly from within the app.
- Seamless recording: The contact management system should enable you to record data seamlessly from online sources like web pages. When a customer signs up for your newsletter or similar service, the sales database should be able to capture this data easily.
- Customization: You should be able to add new fields and records to the system and tailor it for your individual and company needs.
- Scheduling appointments: You should be able to set appointments from the sales database and the sales rep should be able to send emails to contacts regarding upcoming appointments. Plus, the software should enable you to import contacts from outside sources like list brokers. It should allow you to customize screens as per your convenience.
- Automatic dialing: The latest contact management software offer the ability to automatically dial a contact from the record. The application can generate details about scheduled appointments on a weekly basis and the software should also have the capability to dial numbers contained in the list.
- Export information: The system should allow you to export all data on contacts according to traditional industry formats such as values separated by commas etc.
- Report customization: You should be able to prepare as well as customize insightful reports according to your individual needs. The sales database should enable sales agents to design and launch business automation processes that can execute steps according to a particular sequence indicated by predefined rules.
- More Integration: Make sure the contact management software is able to seamlessly integrate with the other business apps and solutions you use such as accounting and billing software. This will help you save more over the long term compared to investing in a one-dimensional software.
Benefits of Contact Management Software
Many companies are still wondering whether to purchase a contact management system or not, but the truth is that the longer they wait, the more indispensable opportunities they’re missing on. Generally speaking, the benefits of contact management software outweigh the costs companies would have to maintain their contact base without them. Here is what a solid contact manager system can do for you:
- Record Interaction. Each of these systems has a convenient lists of interactions for every content in your database, meaning that every email, meeting, or phone call will be recorded in separate accounts history. Companies use this data to prepare for their next interactions, and to estimate the probability of making a deal.
- Improved Customer Service. The ultimate aim of using contact management software is to improve customer communication, which is why it summarizes all relevant data, feedback, and activity in a single base, and allows agents to use that base when communicating with clients. Such efficiency and professional attitude will make your brand more trustworthy, and it will impress your customers.
- Shared Information. Another important thing contact management systems are great at is accessibility, as all entered information becomes visible to every agent in no time, and helps them deal with each problem even if communicating with a particular customer for the first time.
- Choice Marketing. The marketing templates, timed and automated functionalities, lead lists, and client notes, content marketing software helps you prioritize clients according to their interests. The groups of clients are at the same time very customizable, and make it possible for you to implement your brand’s design in every interaction channel.
- Improved Efficiency. All this being said, a contact management system is much more likely to improve your lead management efficiency than any similar software, right because it keeps all your contacts organized. Contact managers are packed with tools for you to achieve your goals, both in the marketing and the sales department.
List of Contact Management Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our website utilizes our special SmartScore™ mode to analyze all the software in the Contact Management Software category in orded to help you choose the best possible solution. It evaluates the following factors: individual components, collaboration elements, customization, integrations with other services, ease of use, customer support, how secure a software is, mobile support, media rating. Currently, Pipedrive is the leader in this category and our experts are really satisfied with it. Following extensive examination it received the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you include it as one of the solutions for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
An overview of overall user satisfaction with the solutions in our Contact Management Software category based on our unique algorythm that gathers client reviews, comments and opinions across a broad range of social media platforms to help you make an informed purchase choice.
Pricing Read More
Every vendor in the Contact Management Software category will provide a different group of pricing plans for its app and each plan will include a varied set of tools. Below we list the general pricing for the cheapest package available for each service. Keep in mind that advanced features may cost extra.
Devices Supported Read More
An overview of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by all B2B tools in the Contact Management Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Learn what languages and geographies are served by the top B2B services in the Contact Management Software category, including services designed for international markets and prepared for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Examine what pricing plans are provided by the vendors in the Contact Management Software category to check which one matches your business needs and expenses best. Keep in mind that certain apps can provide free or freemium accounts for you to try out first.
Customer Types Read More
A brief look at which groups of companies a specific B2B solution in the Contact Management Software category is designed for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.
Deployment Read More
A summary of what styles of product deployement are offered by each B2B vendor in the Contact Management Software category. Although almost all modern SaaS solutions are cloud-hosted there are services may offer an on-site deployment model as well.